Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Just some random updates.

There was a podcasting seminar/luncheon today that I was invited to. I came along to watch and listen, but my teacher also wanted me there in case I had anything to comment about. I have been giving him some insight into the world of blogging and podcasting, mostly from my age groups mindset.

There was some stuff that I wanted to bring up, but I never got the chance. Plus he hit most of the info I wanted to say as well. I'll just post it on here so if anyone out there is interested in podcasting, you can get some help!

First off, I want to cover some basics of blogging. The two popular websites that people have their blogs in are Blogger.com (that's what I use) and Wordpress. From what I know, they are both pretty good. That's really all I want to talk about blogging. Blogging is like a really simple podcast.

**Note** Don't forget, you can grab my blog's RSS feed to get new posts when the come out!

Anyway, if you are looking for some good podcasts, I suggest you go to podcast alley. They have a huge list of them that you can rate, comment and find almost any podcast.

Ok, so you want to get started in podcasting? I am only going to give you one solution. I only give this one because this is the way that I highly recommend unless you are really tech savy and have a great knowledge of various software and equipment and you have great quality equipment at hand.

I say, go out and buy an Apple laptop. And make sure you get iLife 06. Done. That's everything you need to make a podcast, except for the content. Why Apple laptop? They have a built in microphone and the new ones have a built in camera. Why iLife 06? The new Garageband, iMovie, iWeb, and iTunes are perfect for starting a podcast. In Garageband, you can add artwork or movies to the audio tracks... it comes with built in sound effects and jingles... it has a speech enhancer (reduces noise)... one click iWeb publishing... iWeb has great website templates that look like pro websites and are very easy to customize. iTunes lets you put your "baby" out there for the world to subscribe to. It's a one box solution to podcasting for beginners and pro's alike!

Check out some of my favorite video podcasts from my links on the side bar. Izzy Video - DV video tutorials. Geek Brief - Gadgets, tech tools & toys. DriveTime - A weekly video blog produced during his daily commute (camera in car). Those are just a few of my favorite.

Well, that's all, I'm done talking about podcasting for now.

Be sure to check out my Froogle page. There is a link in the side bar. It's just a wish list of stuff I want. Please feel free to add any of those things to your shopping list!

Well, that's good for now. Have a great day!


No comments: