Friday, November 17, 2006

What's new? Not a lot I guess.

I don't really think there is anything new going on with me... Oh, my senior project, I can share a little bit of that with you.

For part of my senior project I'm doing a documentary/feature piece on one of the local fire stations in Tulsa. It's station 29, the fire station that is practically right next to campus.

Anyway, I've been visiting them quite a bit. I got some footage on two seperate occasions. On the first day, a Thursday, I stayed their from 1pm to 9pm. Then this past Sunday, I stayed there from 6am to about 9pm as well. I had a lot of fun! It's actually a lot like college! They have a good time. Also, the eat really well! They certainly know how to cook!

So I have been hanging around, talking with them, watching tv, joking with them... I even ran up the tallest citiplex building with them! It's 60 stories and every shift (they work every 3rd day) they run up the stairwell. I did alright! I got some footage too.













They have nicknamed me "Spielberg" and some of them call me "The Kid." We have a good time. After I got off work on Wednesday night (I run camera at Church On The Move), I swung by the station. We watched some TV and they heated me up some dinner.

That's the main thing I've been up to.

It's hard to believe that almost another semester is almost done. Well, that's about it. I better get going, I need something to eat! See ya!

No comments: