Sunday, November 05, 2006

I haven't run that much since high school!











































I just got back a little while ago from a long run. Well, long for me anyway. According to Google Maps and Jenni's odometer, it was about 9.5 to 10 miles. I ran from ORU to downtown Tulsa. It is a ghost town down there! It took me about an hour. Anyway, I haven't run that far and that long since I was running cross country in high school. It felt really good too! I mean, my legs hurt pretty bad and my lower back is kind of sore, but I told myself that I was going to run to downtown and I just had to do it. I did have to stop, just about 5 times, each about a 1 minute break though. One of them was like 3-4 minutes because I got some water and went to the bathroom. Jenni picked me up when I was done too. It's nice having someone pick you up because you can go harder and faster because you know that you don't have to run back!

I passed a few other runners out there and they were all really nice. I don't know what it is, but there has to be a connection between exercise and friendliness. Although, I have met some athletes that are real jerks so... Anyway, as we would run by each other, we would each give a little wave to each other, sometimes not even making eye contact, just waving. Some people would say hi and other small pleasantries, but not too much. We are running after all, have to keep track of your breathing! I also ran with 3 other people for a little bit. I just caught up to them and asked if I could join and they said sure. They were training for the Tulsa Run.

Well that's about it. I think I'll leave you with a haiku, or just a poem, I don't really know what the difference is.

Running.
feet pounding.
heart beating.
lungs pumping.
oh, another runner.
head up.
fix stride.
straighten form.
wave hello.
pass.
lose form again.
drudge on.
Running.

No comments: