Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's Peanut Butter Christmas Break Time!

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have just been so busy! I was studying for finals, finishing my senior project, and getting ready for Josh's wedding. Oh, for those of you that don't know, my roommate Freshman and Sophomore year, Josh, got married last Friday and I was his best man. I was also coordinating the video crew and camera setup. I had to round up a couple of cameras and thanks to those who let me borrow your camera.

So, last week was a long week. Fun though. It was a week of staying up till 3:30 or 4 every night, then getting up around 9 or 10 am. Oh, I also had an interview at an ad agency in town (Tulsa) for an internship that maybe could lead up to a real job out of school! I'll keep you posted.


Anyway, so I'm back at home now. It's really nice to have a real break. Christmas break is always great because there is no homework at all, being in between semesters and all. Some things on the menu for the break are: edit a rough cut of Josh's wedding video, do some pre-wedding counseling, jury duty, and I think that's all I can think of for now...

Oh, I also want to learn some more about Adobe Illustrator, and read some small books that I never got around to reading. It should be a good break to catch up on rest and relaxation. So far I haven't done much. I've imported the footage, some of it at least, into my computer from Josh's wedding, did a little reading, and I'm getting ready for a little paintball action tomorrow.


I have really gotten hooked on paintball again. I pulled out my markers to make sure they still work, yep, they work ok. I had to shoot at a tree because there were no birds or squirells to shoot at, but my Tippmann seems to shoot on target. Also, I need one of those CR2032 watch batteries for my laser scope to work. It's alright without it though. Also, there is this site called, Special Ops Paintball. They have the coolest stuff on there! I really want to get some add ons to my marker, but I don't want to get THAT into paintball. I can just as much fun with my stock marker and equipment... I don't really need a new barrell and stuff, but it would be nice. I mean, there is a ton of stuff I want for my paintball fix, but I don't really see myself getting much of it if anything at all.

The one thing that I really do want, would be a barrel, they are also pretty cheap I guess. I got really hooked on paintball when I made a new friend, a friend of Josh's. Him and another guy are into paintball, then we found out that another of Josh's groosmen was into paintball. Over break, all of us are going to collect our paintball equipment and bring it back to school to play a few times. Should be fun. I haven't played woodsball in a long time.


Christmas shopping... It's really hard to shop when you don't have any money. I need to start selling plasma again... That is always good steady income. Nothing like being hooked up to a machine messing with your blood for an hour in a shady part of Tulsa with cold hard cash in your pocket. It's a blast. I guess Christmas is going to have to be creative this year...

Oh, just because I can't get you something nice for Christmas doesn't mean you can't get me something nice! Be sure to check out my wishlist to the right. It's the first link on my sidebar, called "My Wishlist."

I feel as if I'm forgetting something... I'll just post again if I remember it. Take care and Happy Holidays! Er... Merry Christmas! That's better! Don't get me started on that crap...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should put some items on your Wishlist for those people whose last name is not "Gates." May I suggest the link www.walmart.com...

Mike said...

You mean more items for cheapskates?