Sunday, December 24, 2006

Just thinkin...

Ok, I have a bunch of unrelated stuff coming up, so be warned...

When I was is in NYC just a few days ago, I saw a sticker on the back of a car, that said "Zipcar." I didn't know what it meant, so I wrote it on my hand... That's what I do when I need to remember something... just write it on top of my hand... anyway... Zipcar...


When I got home, I looked up Zipcar online, just Googled it and I found it's site (insert hyperlink here). I'm still a little fuzzy on the whole thing... but this is what I found out.

You have to be 21+ yrs. old. You apply online... you get your Zipcard... You reserve one of their hundreds of cars, for either a couple hours or the entire day (online or on the phone). You walk up to the car, hold your Zipcard to the
windshield, the doors will unlock and you get in. Then you drive away, doing whatever you needed to do. Just return to the reserved parking spot you picked it up at and the gas, insurance and XM radio are included.

It's less like a car rental, more of a car sharing... I can see it as like a bunch of friends buying a car that you all reserve at various times. Now, this isn't
everywhere, it seems to be just in the larger cities, like San Francisco, Minneapolis, Chicago, Toronto, Chapel Hill, Ann Arbor, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Virginia, and Maryland.

An idea on price would be $35 per month for 4 one hour reservations, and $301 per month for 10 two hour trips, 2 three hour trips, and 2 daily/24 hour reservations.


I like this idea a lot! I mean, I don't think I would ever need it, unless I lived in New York City. This would be nice... just when you want to drive around in a car, to get away, you can, and you still don't have to own a car!

If anyone has tried this or has heard more about it, please leave me a comment.

Let's see... next topic... oh! I doesn't feel like
Christmas to me! Does it feel like Christmas to anyone else? The weather is just so mild here... not cold at all. I mean, it's Christas Eve! To me though, it feels just like a regular Sunday. I don't really know why, I just don't have a Christmas "feel." Oh well, maybe it will come.

Oh, this is also my last Christmas at home! That's weird to think about. I mean, just earlier today, I was running around the house with my toy gun, and I'll be getting married in 145 days! Do I have to stop playing "cops & robbers?" I think not! This way I'll always have someone to play guns with!

I think it's really interesting to see traditions kind of change. That's pretty vague... but I have recently been thinking of how different I do things than my parents have or are doing now. The first thing that comes to mind is mine and Jenni's wedding rings. They aren't really the normal, I also paid a little extra. But see, my parents are about bargain, and I usually am, but this is something really important to the both of us and when you find something so perfect, you can't help yourself!
















Jenni's ring is just so... her! It's perfect! And my band... I love it! I thought that I would want just a plain gold band, that's what I've always wanted, but when I was trying some on, a different kind caught my eye. It's tungsten carbide. It's a dark, kind of gun metal looking, polished on the sides and brushed in the middle, a heavy weight and buttery smooth to put on (with that comfort fit rounding
thing).

I just think that it's interesting that I like that ring. I really thought that I would want yellow gold. That's what I've always wanted, but I just totally fe
ll in love with this other ring. Same thing with Jenni, she thought she wanted a plain band solitaire, but I showed her this new ring and she flipped out! I mean, she really loved it! Now, it looks way better in person than in the picture, so please ask her to show it to you.











To move on though, a lot of my friends are getting titanium rings. I like them, but they feel too light for me. But I guess my generation is pulling away from the traditional... at least in that respect.

But also, this pull from the traditional can relate to other things, such a
s cars, apartments, places to live... whatever!

Things at home have been going really fast, but really slow at the same time. Each day, even though I usually wake up a little on the late side, seems to be full of things to do. I'm so busy trying to edit and put a DVD together for Josh's family, and work on a video for my Dad, go to jury duty, spend a day in New York, do some crazy last minute Christmas shopping... it's just a lot! I'm also trying to read some books, organize my computer and learn a little bit more of Adobe Illustrator. At least I have my computer so I can do all of this stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a posting an update on your jury pool experience? I am assuming you didn't get picked but there must be some story to share or embellish.