Monday, December 25, 2006

of driving and Christmas miracles...

I hope everyone out there had a very merry Christmas! I know I did! Thank you to everyone who helped make it possible, you know who you are!

Anyway, I have some new things I want to try... well, just one thing really. It's called "featured item of the week." It will pretty much just last until I run out of my showcasing my Christmas presents. I will get more into that later.

Do you ever just love driving? I mean, you are just driving along and the music seems to go perfect with the drive... the wipers move to the beat of the song... I get those moments sometimes. I had one tonight. It was awesome! I just love to drive! It's as if there is some connection between you and the car that just clicks... Ok, a little too "zen" like for ya? Let's move on...

Oh! I never gave you an update on my jury duty (thanks big S)! Well, I showed up bright and early, a good little citizen of the great and mighty U, S, and A, to do my very proud work and obligated civic duty of being jury #__. After sitting through a nice little informative session by Cheryl (I think that's her name... she was hilarious!), and watching a video on jury duty that seemed to be some high school kids senior project in 1986, I found myself sitting in a room with 59 other people waiting to hear if we were even needed.

So I grab a magazine... thumb through that... read a little of my book I brought... jot some notes regarding things to do... grab a soda... and a few hours later, our friend Cheryl comes in and says that "she has heard from the Messiah, and he said, let My people go" and out we went! Dang! Jury duty is a piece of cake! A piece of crumb cake!

I was just thinking tonight of where I will be in one year... If everything goes as planned in my head right this moment... I'll be in Tulsa, OK, with my wife Jenni, living in a 2 bedroom across the lot from my friends Josh & Joanna and Adam & Nancy, and Maggie & Dannielle. I'll be doing video editing somewhere (most likely), and Jenni and I will be nuzzling on the couch watching the yule log channel (the channel that you watch if you don't have a fireplace).

Is that really where I'll be in a year? Who knows?! I like to think that... I guess mainly because I like to plan out big stuff as far in advance as possible!

Ok! Onto the Featured Item of The Week!

This week is the Sigg bottle from the Sigg company in Switzerland. It is amazing! I have had my eye on this for a long time, but never was able to purchase one, but it must have been a Christmas miracle! Anyway, it is pure aluminum, it features a super light construction, virtually indestructible, and unleakable (is that a word?).

What I love about it the most is that it has a baked on crack resistant liner that is resistant to energy drinks, fruit acids, and soda. This way, it never tastes nasty and it's easy to clean!

Anyway, watch the video (coming soon) for a more animated description. Thanks!

No comments: