Saturday, December 23, 2006

A day in the city.

I just got back home after spending a day in New York City with Jenni and her family (and Maggie & Danielle). I had a good time. It wasn't the usual NYC trip for me though. I'm used to taking the ferry in and riding the subway around. They like to drive into the city, drop the girls off so they can shop, then Jenni's Dad plays taxi driver. If he can do it, then great! But I know that I would much rather just walk around. Although, being in a car today was nice because I took like a million naps, it was warm, and it was dry. It was like a moving base camp! But it was nice, I don't usually do shopping trips, I like more of a sight seeing thing.

I guess I like to walk around instead of driving because it makes me feel more like a local. I don't know how I would do, living right in the city, but I like to think I would enjoy it. Today, i walked around by myself, just looking at stuff, trying to blend in, grab a meatball hero like a pro, and I think I did pretty well!

If I did live in the city, I don't think I would own a car though, I would probably just leave it at my parents house and take the subway, the bus, walk, or ride my bike when in the city.

Oh, also I love watching the bike messengers do their thing. One of them was just sitting there waiting for traffic to go by doing a perfect track stand! I mean perfect. He wasn't even moving back and forth, he had perfect balance! But if you just look at them, they seem to have their own style. I don't think I could do that though, they just know the city like the back of their hand, and they are really good at squeezing through impossible places.

Well, I guess I better get going. It is getting late... or early if you look at it the other way...

No comments: