Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Thoughts on the Kindle














I don't have a Kindle. I have never really even used one except for a few seconds to play with a dummy one, or was that a Sony... It was a while ago. Anyway, I get the idea.

I do have the Kindle app on my iPhone though and have read a ton of sample books and even bought one book and gave it a real try. It works great!

The problem I had with Kindle as of a month ago: It's too expensive.

The problem I have with Kindle (both of them) as of now: They are WAY too expensive.

-

Dear Amazon,

The Kindle is pretty amazing. It's small, lightweight and uber portable. E-ink is freakin crazy cool wizardry. But it's too expensive. You needed to make the regular size Kindle $200. But now that you made a big version (why?) you really need to lower the prices. Do what Apple would have done and make the big one the price of the old little one and make the little one $200. Is your overhead really that massive? You will sell way way way more of these if you lower those prices. Your chance to corner the market is now.

Sincerely,

Mike.

-

That's all.

No comments: