Thursday, October 25, 2007

Memories of summer













I really started thinking about last summer. Not this last summer but the one before that. It was my junior year summer and I was working at ORU at ETV. Josh and I were living in the dorms together and it was a blast. It give me a taste of "real life." I mean that working from 9-5 then being able to do what you want! Yes!

Anyway, Josh and I would get back from working, have some frozen dinners, watch TV then maybe play a movie, Halo, or Second Life. Second Life. Boy that thing is weird. It's like a game but it's kind of an online environment that has everything the real world has. Like shops and cars and beach houses...

So Josh and I would play and talk to people, because everyone you saw was a real person. It was crazy! But we quickly grew tired of it because there were a lot of freaks out there. Sorry if anyone reading this is a normal Second Life user but it's turning/turned into a creepy place. Not everywhere though. I don't recommend kids getting on there, but I heard they have a Second Life teen or something.

[Get on with it!]

I know... I know...

Well, yesterday, CSI had a case involving Second Life and I told Jenni about it. Then tonight, The Office had a bit about it. Dwight had an avatar (character) in Second Life. It was awesome!

So I downloaded it and made a new account. I was all gung ho, but literally the second it came up and I started walking around I was bored again. I guess I just don't have the patience for it right now. I'm sure I'll get on there and play around sometimes though.

But I just wanted to share that with you. I hope that totally wasted your time.

No comments: