Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Womble is coming! The Womble is coming!

What is a Womble? I don't know. I also don't really care, as long as I get to ride it! Every semester, the ORU Mountain Biking class heads off to Mt. Ida, Arkansas to ride the Womble trail. We split it up over 3 days. We leave campus at 11 am Friday and return Sunday evening.

Friday
- Leave 11am
- Set up camp around 2 or 3
- Bike 9 miles

Saturday
- Bike 19 miles

Sunday
- Pack up, drive to trailhead
- Bike 8 miles
- Get home by 4, 5, 6 depending on riders.

It's the highlight of my year! I have gone four times. Those times were as a student, now, this next time will be as an alumni.
This year will also be special because it will be Jenni's first time going! She is going to have a blast! She's a little discouraged though, because I talk about the distance. But all she knows is Turkey Mountain (rocky, technical...). The Womble is just gorgeous single track with just a good amount of technical stuff. It's mostly just long.

Anyway, I'm starting to ride with the ORU kids. The instructor, a friend of mine, Tony Domeck, asked me to lead one of the groups on the Saturday rides. It's not the biggest deal, but it made my day! I remember when I was in college... 3 months ago!

Anyway, enjoy some of these pics from my past Wombles...

No comments: