Sunday, January 11, 2009

Range Time

I love coming to the inlaws because I can shoot my air rifle as much as I want out back.  I got a pellet trap too so I wanted to give it a shot.  It can take paper targets and hanging metal animals.  I decided to go with the biggest and the smallest metal targets.  






















I started with the big horn sheep and hit that a good number of times so feeling confident I switched to the duck.  It's pretty small.  












On my first attempt, I hit it.  I also hit it so hard a few times after that the hanger piece came off.  Yeah, so I can't use that one anymore.

Oh, but yesterday I tried the paper target and had a pretty decent grouping.  All shots were fired from a standing unsupported position about 96 feet away.  I feel pretty good!




No comments: