Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Fun

Well, the weekend is over.  Gosh I needed one more day!  It was a good weekend though.  My kid brother came to visit and we played pretty much Guitar Hero all day.  Well, it felt like that but we actually did do some other stuff.  We made the pilgrimage to EMS (you have to at least once a month) and the Apple store and even swung by Murky for some hot drinks.

After we were done I took him by my new office because he's never seen the new digs yet and then we went to Union Station for some snacks.  We made our rounds in the food court and got samples from any of the vendors that offered them.  I think the Japanese teriyaki chicken was the best.

I stayed up late on Saturday night and could barely stay awake through church on Sunday.  I also wanted to run, and put in some serious miles (well, not serious but at least 4 or 5 non stop because I've been running 1-2 miles) but I was way too tired.  I ended up taking like a 4 hour nap and woke up with the sun setting behind the clouds.

Not wanting to run in the dark because it was already cold enough I wasn't sure if I was still going to run but I talked myself into it.  I ended up doing just about 5.5 miles in 50 minutes.  It wasn't a fast pace at all, just testing the waters to make sure I could run non stop for 50 minutes.  I haven't in a while.  

It felt good and I'm not really sore at all.  So I'll be sure to step it up next time and either go farther or make it faster.  

But Monday is here and gladly it's over.  I am so tired!  I had some chicken nuggets when I got home and took another nap.  I feel much better now but I'm still too tired to do anything!  So good night!

No comments: