Monday, December 19, 2005

Back home!

This is my first post since I got home.

My mom and I went to the airport to pick up my dad. He just got back from Kenya. It's weird being back because I haven't seen anyone since August. I'm getting bored fast though, but that should all change because I'll probably be starting AAA on Wednesday and then get my wisdom pulled out next Tuesday and then in no time I'm back to the MMI (mulit media institute). I can't wait, new classes to tackle! Let's see, they are:

- Basic Broadcast Electronics
- Media Ops and Equipment
- Into the Professions (A guide to professional and personal enrichment)
- Film Production Techniques (single camera shooting)
- DVD Authoring (using Director MX and DVD Studio Pro 3.0)

It's going to be way easier. I'm also going to work on campus to make a few bucks for my cruise during Spring Break.

Soon I'll have a new 60GB black iPod! I can't wait! I always told myself that I was going to keep my 3G 10GB, but I think it's time to move on. The battery life is about 1-2 hours, it's pretty scraped up (front and back), and it will randomly restart itself and change settings and when I pick a song, it decides to play a different one instead. I thought I might keep it for nostalgic reasons, or maybe it would be worth money in a few years, but I don't think it will be. I've been checking eBay and they're not getting much for a used 10GB and the ones on there are in perfect shape. So I am most likely going to trade it into Apple for 10% off a new iPod which when combined with my 10% off student discount will mean that I will only have to pay $80something out of pocket to get the 60GB. My parents will pay for most because it's my big gift and the rest of the dough I can get from relatives. I also bought myself an iPod dock with s-video out refurbished from the Apple store for $10. I'll have someone buy it for me, but if not, it's only $10!

In the morning, I'm going with my dad to pick up my moms new car. I'll post some pictures later one. It's another Subaru from our family friends, the Parkers. They supply us with the Subarus and and Lucy supplies us with the Buicks. The new Subaru is a 2000 something Outback Wagon with two tone beige and gold with heated seats (I think) and 2 moon roofs and some other goodies. It's hot! I have yet to drive MY Subaru, Suzy. Nick hogs her. I love her. I miss her.

Well, I better go to bed. Have a great night and Happy Holidays, er... I mean Merry Christmas! And if anyone is offended that I said that, then I'M OFFENDED when you told me Happy Holidays. See ya!

No comments: