Thursday, December 01, 2005

I hope you enjoyed the pics and update!


I’m just writing this in class.  I hope the spelling is right because I have to keep eye contact with the teacher.  I think he may let us get out of class early!  That would be great!

I have a lot to do this weekend.  I have to write my Media Analysis (The Art of Watching Film) final.  That’s due Monday.  I have a good amount done and have a good grip on it, so it shouldn’t be too bad.  I also am going to start shooting my final project for Avid and After Effects.  I have to do a commercial for the campus Aerobics Center.  Then I just have minor random things in other classes.  Not too terrible but still major stuff.  

I don’t have any classes tomorrow.  I usually shoot chapel but there is no chapel tomorrow.  The only thing is that at 1:30, I have to show my teachers my website; a jury.  

Just before Thanksgiving break, Jenni, Maggie, and I went out with Jayson and Suzy to play disc golf, get some coffee, then the girls cooked dinner.  It was great.  I finally figured out how to throw a disc golf Frisbee the right way; side armed.  I can throw pretty well too!  Really!  When I come home I’ll have to get some practice.

It’s finally cold here.  Todays high is like 40 or something.  It’s nice.  There are still some trees changing colors but they go dead in like 3 days so there’s not much color for very long.  

I just cleaned out my backpack and it is so much lighter.  I got rid of a lot of scrap paper and trash and stuff.  It’s fantastic!  

Ok, now I’m really starting to get bored.  I so hope we get out of here a little early…

Oh.  I was looking around and reading reviews and have found out that I want a Nikon D1 or D1H.  I know most of you will look it up and think I’m dumb because its only 2.74 megapixels, but I have seen a bunch of pics taken with is and they look good up to 8x10.  Really.  When it came out, it was $5,500 for just the body.  Now, eBay has them for about $300-500.  A lot even include a lens.  It is also one of the fastest cameras made.  It even has special seals to keep it watertight so you can use it in the rain and other tough situations.  Maybe if I get enough Christmas money…

My laptop has taken a turn for the worst.  Well the screen anyway.  My Dad is shipping me a computer monitor so if my screen dies again, I just plug in the monitor and keep working.  But it works and that’s fine for me.  I’ve given up trying to get a new one.  Not because my parents say I can’t, because they don’t, but because it really does still work and it’s not a priority.  I’ll have a nice desktop in just another semester anyway.  

Well, I’m gonna get going.  It’s breaktime right now.  I’ll hopefully post again, but if not, I’m sure I’ll post around Christmas time!  

No comments: