Thursday, August 04, 2005

Cars and things.

Below are some pics of Colby's new ride. He brought it to church last night.





























































His brother Chucky (Charles) just came back from being on a submarine. The Los Angeles class USS 710 Augusta. Here are some pics and info. The pics are from online, Chucky didn't give them to me.

He wasn't allowed to say much about the spec's but he could say that it goes faster than 20 knots underwater and deeper than 800 feet, but that's all he could say about that.















The picture above is Chuck's submarine. I'm still looking for some better pics, also Chuck said he had 2 pics, I'll have to have him send them to me so I can post them. Here is some general info about the type of submarine Chuck was in.

General Characteristics, Los Angeles class

Builders: Newport News Shipbuilding Co.; General Dynamics Electric Boat Division.

Power Plant: One nuclear reactor, one shaft
Length: 360 feet (109.73 meters)
Beam: 33 feet (10.06 meters)
Submerged Displacement: Approx. 6,900 tons (7011 metric tons)
Speed: 20+ knots (23+ miles per hour, 36.8 +kph)

SSN 710 (USS Augusta)
I found a list of weapons the sub has. It has:
- (4) 21 inch horizontal launch tubes
- MK-48 ADCAP torpedoes
- Tomahawk land attack missiles (TLAM)
- MK-67 mines
- MK-60 mines


Another cool link for the sub.
The cost for the sub is approx. $900 million! Whoa!
The crew contains 12 officers and 115 elisted.














Well, that's enough submarine info for now. Let's change gears.

I got moved around at AAA. Always with the musical chairs for me... I guess occasional people don't get a fixed seat. No problem, it's kind of fun moving around all the time. But this time, I'm closer to the supervisors desk... that's no good.

Nothing really too new. Church last night. I think the "Party" was going on, but I couldn't partake in it. I dropped Nick off at Kristas and I went to Jenni's real quick. Ate some mac-n-cheese... that's about it.

Well, no out the ordinary cool links for now, maybe later. Peace in!

No comments: