Thursday, July 06, 2006

Great new products from a company I luv!

I just read about some great new products for iPod users out there. I know, I know... a lot of us hate being the white earbud toting, apple cult following hippies, but there are some times that I am truly proud of being an iPod user. I actually don't really like saying "iPod user..." Maybe we can call it something else... I'm going to refer to us as uSers, that's a little different and it probably won't stick, but for this post it will.

Anyway, about that company I luv, it's actually called iLuv. Now you understand why I kept saying I luv?! You are so smart... They make a few products for the iPod, mainly catering to the iPod with video, or, for the sake of this post, a "viPod." There are a few items of theirs that are certainly going to show up on my Froogle wishlist very soon, so without further adew (can anyone help me spell that?)...

First off is the iLuv Portable Multimedia Tablet-Style DVD Player with 7" LCD Screen. You can watch a movie that is on your iPod in true widescreen, it
charges the iPod while watching movies, can connect to an external TV through S Video, and a number of other interesting options/features. Pros: Awesome way to watch iPod videos, built in speakers, rechargeable battery. Cons: Price, Size (if you don't want to stand out). It currently costs $249.95, so it's not the cheapest thing out there. I mean, you can get RCA out and watch your iPod on a TV, but I can certainly see this thing getting used in travel a lot. Watch your video podcasts and episodes of Lost, then pop in a DVD from home. I like it! I give it 4 out of 5 scrap papers.
























Next is the extended rechargeable iPod battery from iLuv. This thing looks really cool. With your 60GB iPod, it has a battery charge of 55 hours and only doubles the physical size of your iPod. It's very stylish too. It's also only $84.95. Not too bad, considering it's a rechargeable 55 hour battery. I suggest this for people going on long, long, trips who won't have access to outlets very often. Flying, driving, boating, camping, whatever, I think this iPod accessory will be able to handle it all. Now, all I have to do is convice iLuv to let me have one for testing!














Last, but not least is the iLuv Video Recorder. This accessory looks like a regular iPod dock from Apple, but enables you to record directly from your camcorder, TV, or other video sources straight to your iPod. There are a few settings to determine but it seems pretty easy. It supports AV and S-Video input. The price comes in at a hefty $199.95 though. So it's not too cheap, but I like to think of it like Tivo. But you have to be there to record it... hmmm... maybe I'm changing my mind... So stop buying episodes of Lost from iTunes and after recording 100 shows straight from TV, it costs about the same. Maybe I'll wait till it goes on sale. Great idea though! Certainly gets an "E" for effort.













Changing gears...


Jenni is working on a huge, and I mean huge painting. I took he
r to Home Depot to get a big plywood size board to paint on because she bought herself a big roll of canvas instead of buying a bunch of already stretched canvasas. So, it certainly didn't fit in the trunk, but that's ok, because I have a bike rack! That just means, we can put it on the roof without scraping the car. And yes, we used the classic reach out the window and hold tight technique. Don't worry though, Home Depot is like a half mile from her house so it was no big deal. It was just funny!













Now, that's all I have time for right now, but I do have a list of stuff I want to talk about later. It includes...
- Sour Patch Kids Commercials
- Sony DVD & TV Remotes
- Vending maching gambling
- Jared the Subway guy.
- Clear lens glasses vs. tinted lenses
- Mountain biking again!
- Plus much, much, more!

1 comment:

Nick said...

Looks like someone got finally caught up on Engadget
cool stuff tho