Monday, July 03, 2006

Recipe for an Action Packed Weekend: 4 friends, a smidgen of blankets, 24 pack of water, christian music, heat to 115 degrees, and done when red.















Ok, so some of you already knew what my plans for this weekend were. For those of you who don't... this... is my story.

Anyway, Saturday in Parker Texas, the largest free christian concert in these parts, was there. Jenni, Matt, Natalie, and I all went to enjoy the music and hang out and just get out of Tulsa for day. It was a decent drive down there. Not too long, not too short, not bad traffic wise, no police... Just a great drive.

Anyway, we got to the concert before too long. It was already beginning to heat up outside. We carried all of our stuff to where you could set up tents and small pavilions. We set up our tent and some blankets, some chairs, and sat back. Matt and I played a little frisbee while the ladies sat and enjoyed water and powerade. After playing for a while, and getting super hot, I took off my shirt, but still had an undershirt on, and had some powerade. Man was it hot! It wouldn't be so bad if we had shade. But we didn't. So, Matt and I went back to the car to get more bottled water and I grabbed some rope and my umbrella. When we got back, we rigged up the umbrella so the people in the chairs could relax. This worked well, so we celebrated with a bottled water. Mmmmm... ice cold...

Then, Matt, Natalie, and Jenni went off to forage for food, which means Chik-fil-a. I wasn't hungry, because of the heat though. I decided to hop in the tent to get some shade and read a magazine. I took of my watch to get an accurate temperature reading. Well, I did. In the tent, it was 115. And it felt like 115. So I got out of the tent. Then I got some pizza and a turkey leg. You know, one of those huge turkey legs you get at a fair? It was so good...

Then, Jenni and I walked around, seeing the different booths, getting in some shade... it was fun. She bought one of those neckerchief/neckband things that you put in cold water for 30 minutes and it keeps you cooled down. It was great!

Oh, I forgot to mention this, but right after I got out of the tent, Jenni helped me cut/rip my sleeves off of my undershirt. Man, it felt good after that. So there I was... eating a turkey leg like a king, in my homemade sleeveless undershirt.

It got really hot and we decided that we couldn't just sit there under the sun all day. We had my blue tarp under the tent and I said we should make some sort of shelter. So, we packed the tent up, because it was an oven! and then rigged some sort of shelter you would find on the set of LOST. It did the trick. It wasn't pretty from behind, but it worked very well. A nice breeze... Shade for everyone... Stylish with a feng shui motif... Overall, a good place to be. It was my idea, but helped equally in the creation. The girls just pretended to hold parts of the tarp...

While under our shelter, a camera crew came over. They were from the Gospel Music Channel. They asked where we were from and why we came. So expect to see me on TV! I emailed them and asked if they knew when they were going to air it, but I haven't heard anything back yet. It was exciting!

Then we drove home, but ate dinner at Taco Bueno. It was a nice slow drive back. I was so tired though when I went to sleep. I got a shower, put my head on my pillow and... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... out!

After church on Sunday, Natalie and Jenni and I went to Sun and Ski to look for a new bathing suit. Nothing there. We went to Academy Sports, Natalie got some stuff, I got some green regular shorts. We then went over Matt's house and hung out. We played makeshift disc golf (hit that tree) and ate at Pizza Hut. It was so good! Then we went back to Matts house and watched fireworks from his roof. Jenni and I left early to pickup Jonathan at the airport. We brought him to ORU then went back to Matts house to hang out for 30 min then drive Natalie home to ORU.

It has been a very full weekend! Very fun too!

Tomorrow, we all go to our old teachers house. He has a lake house with a pontoon boat, fishing, swimming, fireworks, bbq... the works! It will fun! I'll take pics and tell you how it went later.

Oh, I am only posting a few pics on here in this post, because I am at work and it's better if I post using Picasa. Picasa is only PC also. So don't worry, I'll post all the pictures, well, the best ones, when I get back to my room after work.

I hope you enjoyed the post. I'll update if I forgot anything.

1 comment:

Matthew Stephens said...

Wow, what a title. But overall your recap was pretty good. Oh, the memories.