Friday, July 28, 2006

A more inanimate post.

I was doing some hard core surfing yesterday and found some pretty cool websites and I thought I would share them with you. I'll just put the url and link, then a brief description, because I had a problem with some links but they weren't my fault.




Fake or a computer generated photo? Think you can tell? Try this quiz. I only got 2 right, I guess because I was trying to overthink it and thought that they were trying to trick me!

http://www.autodesk.com/eng/etc/fake_or_foto/quiz.html

___________________________________________________











This is a really cool fishtank/toilet. Need I say more? But you can't see the fish while you're... you know!
http://www.thrillist.com/archives/2006/07/number_one_fish_number_two_fish.html

___________________________________________________










Do you have a significant other? Does it rain where you live? If you answered yes to any of those questions, boy, do we have a product for you!
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/cupids-double-umbrella-187365.php

___________________________________________________

Ok, that's it for the weird products/quiz section. Next I want to show you some blogs that caugh
t my eye. Notice: These blogs have no affiliation with myself or my views. While there may be some off color stuff, there are still really interesting things in them. I'm sorry I can't elaborate on "stuff" or "things." I feel like I be unedumacated.
___________________________________________________










This is a blog where people living in NY just submit stuff that they hear on the street that they think is funny. I think I like this blog because it's amazing the things that you hear when just walking by and getting in the middle of a conversation.
http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

___________________________________________________















This blog started as an art project and turned into a book. People, anyone, can mail in a homemade postcard with a secret that no one else knows about them, on the back of it. Very interesting, but also some things are, like I said earlier, off color.
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

Well, that's about it for interesting sites! I hope you enjoyed them!

2 comments:

Nick said...

hey charis showed me that post secret
blog. for the quiz i got 5 right

Matthew Stephens said...

Good! Seven out of ten answers were correct.
You have a good grip on reality. No need to see a therapist.

I got to admit I was laughing out loud on a few of those New York ones and on the secret photos one.