Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Biking de Mountain 2















-Bob & I

Hey my peoples. I had a great day today. No morning class. An ok chapel. Great progress done in my 3D class. Perfect weather for biking. Bob showed me a ton of new trails. A great day.

Today I did about 5.5-6 miles at Turkey Mountain. Bob and I met up to ride. Too bad no one else from the Church On The Move club could make it. It was a blasty blast!

We primarily did the west side. Well, we did the Ho-Chi then did the west side. So many trails over there! And parts of it are nice and flat with intense switchbacks and other parts have insane rocks and roots. Great variety.

Anyway, as Bob and I stopped for a minute, I asked him if I could get a picture because I don't see any pictures of the mountain bike club on the COTM site.

Oh! Bob gave some tires! Yeah, he saw eying some Maxxis tires he had for sale and he gave them to me! I really appreciate him giving them to me. I actually have been looking for some good Maxxis tires. I hear a lot of good stuff about them.

They are the Maxxis Larsen MiMo. They got rated a 3.7 out of 5 on MTBR.com. My old tires were pretty decent. My front one was the Specialized Fast Trak Pro, which got rated 3.3 out of 5 on MTBR.com and the rear was a Bontrager Jones, which wasn't the greatest, but did the job.

Well, that's it for now. I may ride tomorrow, but I don't know yet. I really want to try out these new tires, but I should probably start packing for Spring Break.

When I get back from Spring Break, that Saturday, the COTM Cycling club is riding up at Greenleaf State Park. It's supposed to be a nice long, technical and pretty demanding ride.

Can't wait! Till then!

No comments: