Sunday, January 07, 2007

Buy beans, get free gas...

Ok, so the title has nothing to do with this post... this is just a post concering the random "thought synapses" (spelled right?) that were firing in my brain to form ideas... what?! Let's just go on.

What does your name mean? Mine means, "One who is like God." In Proverbs 22:1, it says "A good name is more desirable than great riches..." I think that is so true! In Bible days, your name meant everything! After taking Old Testament, at ORU, I learned what Abram (then Abraham) meant... Moses, Enoch and all those other good names meant. The defined the person! Remembering what yours means may make you act differently! Leave a comment if you are so brav
e, as to what your name means!

Oh, I will shipping my computer back to ORU tomorrow, which means I won't be in touch as much as I have been for a few days. I can use the computer in the basement till I leave, and I have a laptop (on it's last legs) at school, so I'll try to post something, but it may be not that involved. I like the comfort of sitting
in my room and typing and surfing rather than sitting in the cold, dark basement!

One thing I have noticed that I have been [almost] crying more! I find myself starting to tear up at the weirdest times! It hit its climax while giving my best man speech at Josh's wedding, I lost it! But I find myself fighting back the tears, trying to hold those floodgates back during things like, commercials, movie trailers, touching stories, other people crying, anything!

*










*Dramatization.


To round up this hodge podge post, I'd like to get a little (by a tiny bit) more serious. I like a pastor that has a call to action, not fluff. My Dad is really my main benchmark whenever I visit another church or see a pastor on TV. I want someone to make me squirm. Isn't that how it should be?!

We shouldn't be just sitting around waiting for the Lord to come back! We should be cleaning things up, whether there is stuff in our own lives, or our world in general. Sometimes, you have to play cleanup and people are going to get their feelings hurt. That's how you show that you really care for someone sometimes! You may wonder why I started thinking about this and to be honest, nothing really was the main catalyst, it just kind of popped in my head. I have talked to people about this before, but I thought I would share it to everyone.


I also made a diagram, see below: (cotton candy/Joel Osteen/pink bubble gum)







The above image represents "fluff." I guess I could have really used fluff, but I was trying to find things that are pink. Oh well.

The diagram below represents things that make you squirm, make you uncomfortable, but are cleansing (the altoids only cleanses your breath though!)








That's really about it! Oh, and I connected my blog to Technorati, if you want to search for anything in my whole blog, just type in your keyword in the search box on the sidebar and it will find it! Try it!

Also, I'm not trying to put down Joel Osteen's ministry, he probably really is helping some people. I just see him as fluff or baby food and after get full on fluff, or finished with baby food and want to make some real progress, you should go to a church that really pushes you and challenges you. Ask anyone training for a marathon. They don't just run 1 mile a day, they push themselves. That's how we should grow too! We should push ourselves and have God push us so that we become better people!

2 comments:

Matthew Stephens said...

AMEN!!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked your diagrams. They had a good message.
My name means "Christmas Day".