Monday, January 29, 2007

The cold air takes your breath away like a pair of week old socks... but with less aftertaste...

I started running again. I used to do it for fun, then I did it for competition (not very well though), then I did it for fun, then I didn't do it, then I did it for fun, then I didn't do it, and now I'm doing it for fun. That's not confusing...

Anyway, I like to run just to clear my head sometimes. It makes me think more clear and be more relaxed. I guess it's the same with almost any exercise for me. I just feel better afterwards.

Anyway, it was freezing out there! I wore short (short shorts) and a hoodie and a wool hat. I wish I had some small gloves. Anyway, the temp was probably about 30 degrees and you felt it.

Breathing it in just hurt, it was so cold! I popped in a mint because they help me in the cold. My fingers were so cold though!

Anyway, as I was jogging to my starting place, I had to decide how many laps (outdoors) to do. I decided on 3. Each lap is 3/4 of a mile. I didn't want to do too much, but I still wanted to push myself, so 3 seemed fair, for having a long off season.

I did pretty well. My stamina really surprised me. Since I haven't ran in a while, I have to restart everything. I call the first week, "getting out the cobwebs week." I feel as if spiders made a bunch of webs in my lungs, and after a few decently hard runs, I can break it loose and breathe deeper.

My legs weren't holding back at all, which was nice, it was just my lungs. I had to keep my breathing steady and my mind on other stuff. It wasn't too bad.

It really is something, to run by yourself, on a freezing cold night, where all you see is your breath and all you hear is your feet hitting the ground. It was really peaceful actually. Well, until the last lap, I kicked it up a notch for that last lap, but man did I feel good! I let it all go for that!

Anyway, I don't know when I'll run next. I want to try and fit in some weight lifting, because I gotta look good for my honeymoon right?! And maybe I'll start playing raquetball more. I also biked to Josh's place the other night, it was a good little ride.

Well, that's good for now, talk to you later! Oh, and get out there and exercise!

No comments: