Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A little bit of rain never hurt anybody... but a lot of rain and freezing temperatures can kill! (Ok, maybe not kill, but not be good!)

Yeah, ice storms are insane. I haven't seen one this bad since I lived in New Jersey. I remember we had a really bad ice storm because that same day, we went to see the movie Iron Will (a movie about sled dogs and stuff). I then hooked up Snickers (my dog) to my sled. He was too small to pull very well. So "enclosed" are some pics from the ice storm at ORU!




















These chunks are from the car! Imagine having to scrap (woops, I mean scrape!) that off! It took me 1.5 hours to get the car clean enough to drive to my first day of my internship.










Also, I don't know if I told you, but I got a Moleskine. It's the regular ruled notebook one! I love it!
Jenni really liked it, so I decided to get her one. The standard one is just black, nothing special, but I managed to find one that would fit her quite nicely. It's orange (and silk) and from the Van Gogh Museum collection. I always thought her paintings reminded me of Van Gogh and when I told her about it, she said he is her favorite artist! Score! Hers is a sketchbook. It has thicker pages for painting or drawing on.

His and her Moleskines!
















Oh, we had a firealarm at 4:30 am this morning! For crying out loud... So we had to get all dressed, and wake up so we could walk down the st
airwell (from 8) and stand outside, but luckily they didn't make us stand outside. I'm not sure why... 4:30?! C'mon! So that was a lot of fun, trying to go to bed then wake up in another 4 hours for class...

There is supposed to be more snow coming this weekend. Some today and then some more on Saturday and Sunday. That would be nice for a change. Some snow, instead of ice! The ice is so thick on the grass that you could probably strap on some ice skates and cruise around, no joke!


I really want to start mountain biking again, but you really can't till all this ice melts away! Then the trails will have to dry... I need to get in shape. Maybe I'll work out in the Aerobics Center now and then... yeah, maybe...

Oh, Nick got a new head unit for the Buick. I don't know if he put any pictures of it on his blog so I thought I would put one on here. You just
plug your iPod in and you can control it though the stereo. No more need for our Griffin Road Trips, but I'm still going to keep mine, just in case I ever ride in anyone elses car.















I can't wait for "The Office" tomorrow! I'm so hooked on that show! Are you!? Well you should be! Well, that's all I have for you right now.




















Leave me a comment so I know that people are reading this! Please?! Fine, never mind... see if I ever leave a comment for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a faithful reader. Just don't ask me for a donation.

By the way, you 'scrape' a car, you don't scrap one. Well, maybe Ana does...

Anonymous said...

that ice is incredible! fully capable of incurring a concussion and seizure! i sure hope this ends soon and the roads get clean! also, i got my moleskini, but somehow bought the squared pages, but, can still use it. now i want a vangoh version! back from paradise, cap

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog baby !!! I love reading it I just get behind sometimes and have to catch up!!!