Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Back by popular demand...

Yes, after many, many, many requests, I decided to put a new post on here. Hmmm... Let's see...

Well, for starters, Jenni is back. She got back on the 11th. Sure feels good to see her again. Practically everyday after work I go over her house. Today though, I am going to pick up Benjamin, my youth pastors son, to his baseball practice. After that though, I will drop him off at his house, pick up a free cheeseburger from Burger King (the Star Wars scratch game), then head over Jenni's house till 9:30.

Yesterday, Jenni & I went to the beach, well, Cape Henlopen State Park. It was fun, for me anyway. It was windy (duh! It's the beach...) but the temp. overall was a little cold so it made it feel pretty chilly. The sun was in and out and eventually came out and stayed out around 2 or 3. So needless to say, Jenni spent the whole time bundled up on the blanket surrounded by towels, while I took pictures of the waves and the beach, and sea gulls, and dunes, and trees, and sand, and other stuff like that.

It was a fun day. After we left the beach we drove around historic Lewes. Did you know it was the first town in the first state? I didn't, but now I do!
Oh yeah! Before the beach, Nick got me up at like 7:30 to go riding with Trooper Troy in White Clay. Well, as soon as I rolled out of bed, I threw on some bike shorts and gloves and was gone. Right when we were almost done the ride, I bonked, and hard! I wanted to puke, because I knew I would feel better after I did, but I couldn't. I forgot to eat before I went. I did bring a nutrigrain bar, but forgot to eat it in the car and though that I would be fine for a 3 mile ride, but uhhhhh... I didn't feel so good. Next time, hopefully Thursday after work or something, Nick and I can go back, and I am going to whoop him! I stayed with him, and only held back at time because I was worried that Troy was going to get lost, but he's nothing special...

That's what I like about being home, I can bike with someone my own level and it's fun! I mean, Nick and I don't really think we're all that or anything, but it's fun to have grown men begging you to slow down. But, I guess we do have the age factor on our side, and with Nick out of school, he's biking like every day, so he has an obvious advantage on someone like Troy, who hasn't ridden in since the winter (which he did keep up pretty well though)!

Either way, I really like that trail Nick showed me. There are some nice fast downhill sections, with just a little bit of uphill. I also got to try out the Camelbak, which I enjoyed! I am proud of that purchase. Oh, there are some "log bridges" that go over the trail and Nick and Troy didn't try it, but I thought, why not, I'll never know if I can do it unless I try, so I tried it! And bruised my butt bad! And scraped my arm and leg, but it was worth it, now I think I'll be able to get it later with no problem, well, maybe if I don't have any flashbacks...

This saturday is the Poker Ride with the Royal Rangers, and I don't know what to do! Do I call in sick? But I don't want to make up the hours on sunday or monday... Do I just go to work? But, I've been preparing the guys in class for this for like a month... Although, Ana did volunteer that she might work the hours for me... I'll see if she's still up to it. If not, maybe I will call out sick, take off my regular sunday & monday, then work the following monday to make up, because with the parents out of town, it's PARTY! Sike nah, but I think I think I'll take Jenni to the beach again, because it was so chilly yesterday, that I never even took my shirt off, let alone apply my SPF 38 sunscreen!

Well, I better get back to work. And I want to post this post before I somehow lose it all somehow... Oh, I'll put some pics on here when I get home/a chance.

No comments: