Sunday, June 05, 2005

It's...so...hot...

I'm not used to it being this warm outside! It's probably like 82 degrees out. Kinda humid too! So, less the need to be said (needless to say), I am inside with the shades pulled and curtans drawn and the fan on to keep my room at a nice loe 70 something...

I just saw an ad on TV for the "Landrider" the bike that shifts automatically. I don't want one, I just want to try one. I'm really interested in how it works. I think it would somewhat of a hassle for me though. I mean, it's probably great for all of those people that don't do anything but ride to Starbucks in town (my parents), or do very mild trails, no extreme singletrack.

Speaking of singletrack, I keep thinking about going singlespeed. I know, it will probably be hard at first, but think, its quiet, theres no maintenance practically, and it's cheap (there's no derailleurs to replace). But, I probably won't cross that bridge in a while because I just bought a new rear derailleur, a Deore LX for $45. My old Acera broke, which I am glad because that thing was junk. Anyway...

Last night I went clothes shopping, by myself, at Kohls. I went nuts! I got 4 new button up long sleeve casual shirts (w/the sleeves rolled half way up), one pair of khakis, one pair of jeans, one pair of shorts, and a pair of Asics. The shirts are totally not me, well, they are now, but it used to not be like me. They are pretty colorful, but I stayed away from the overly pink and purple and girly blues and stuff. Oh, the Asics I got are the Lightning/Smoke Pearl/Orange.

Well, I gotta go, I gotta find something else to do.

No comments: