Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Sand, sand, everywhere, sand, sand, in my hair.

Yep, nice day at the beach yesterday. Sunny, warm, water was ok, nice, very nice. Me, Jenni, Kenny, and Charis all went. We first went to Cape Henlopen State Park, then walked around Rehobeth in the evening.

I'm going to try and plan one more beach trip with just Jenni and I before school starts. But we'll rent those beach cruiser bikes, go up an down the boardwalk and the stores and stuff, then walk along the beach. No sand castles, just relaxing. You know, like with my khakis rolled up above my ankles and my hawaiian shirt loosely hanging around my sculpted body with my hair gently swaying in the ocean breeze... wait, I don't have hair! But everything else is correct.

Here are some pics from the trip:

View from behind our umbrella.














A busy day at the beach.














In an alley in Rehobeth.















It was a really relaxing day. The whole day just clicked. The drive was perfect. Barely any traffic, (even though the Cape Henlopen parking lot was fairly packed) we found close parking spots, and it wasn't super hot, just hot enough to feel like the beach. I even collected some neat shells and rocks and put them in my glass snapple bottle. I'll have to get a picture on here later.

I wish I had a road bike because that way I really think I would consistently commute to work if I did. Some days, I think the biking would take the same amount of time driving, well, going home at least. Nick said that MBNA has a bicycle commuter reward type thing, you can redeem points for prizes like a video camera... stuff like that. I checked, but AAA doesn't have anything like that, so I don't see a point in getting a road bike right now. They're not really that cheap. If need be, I'll just buy a 2nd set of wheels so I can keep my mountain bike road tires on, buy an aero bar and bam!, instant commuter bike, just roll up the right pant leg...

A lot of bikers have problems with drivers on cell phones. Do you think this is an idea that they will embrace? Oh boy...

As you know, I just got my first credit card. Well, today, we have reached another milestone... my first purchase with my first credit card! I don't know if the link will work, if not, it's a book for school I needed, "DVD Studio Pro 2 for Mac OS X."

My neck is crazy sore! I have no idea why... I slept great last night... I went to bed early too, around 10:30 or 11:00, can't really remember. I fell asleep with the tv on though, because I remember waking up with glasses on and tv on, so I turned off the tv and put my glasses on my bed side table and conked out again.

I bet you all have seen this, but just in case, here is a great link for the cheapest gas in Delaware, well, a list of the gas prices... There are other states listed if you don't live in DE. I signed up so I can start getting points. Just read into it!

It's being a long after noon. At least its finally 4pm! This part goes kind of fast. I clock in 3 min early, so I can leave 3 min early. Not too much, just enough though. Also I usually take my last 10 min break around 4:47, so then it's just a break then I leave. It works for me.

Well, I think I'm going to post this before I lose everything, but don't think you've seen the last of me!

Oh, first, special props to Lil' Rach (unless you don't want to be called Lil') and to Jenni's parents because they are both reading this now. I guess I have to watch these fingers... SIke, you know my blog is good! It's rated "R" though, "R" for "Really Cool"! Hah!


No comments: