Monday, June 05, 2006

I don’t even know where to start…

So much stuff…  Let’s see, I’ve been kept pretty busy with work, but it’s the most fun I’ve ever had working before!  So far, I’ve been technical directing all of the shoots that we have done, which were some area high school graduation ceremonies, and this week is Miss Oklahoma (http://www.missoklahomausa.com).  

Besides technical directing, I did some editing as well.  I was the editor for the highlight reel for ORUEF.  That stands for Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (www.oru.edu/oruef).  My three co-workers shot all of the events and I picked which shots I wanted and put them to the music that I picked to complete the video.  The video had to be between four and five minutes long.

Nick just called me today, but I was busy so he left a message.  He told me what his room placement was for this upcoming school year.  For those of you who don’t know, Nick is my younger brother who is coming to ORU.  It’s going to be a lot of fun.  He can see my new computer, see what kind of work I do… we can bike together…  

I also have been working out more.  I’ve been running, biking, weight lifting, push ups, crunches… all that dumb stuff.  I guess I just have to eat more healthy stuff.  But it feels good to run again!  

It’s been pretty hot out here in Tulsa though.  Pretty consistent now.  Always around 90.  We keep the room around 60.  Well, that’s what the thermostat says, but my watch (thermometer) says it’s 68.  It won’t go any lower.  But it’s really nice being so cold.

I’m going to take some pictures of where I work so you can see what I’m talking about.  We have two Avid editing systems and four graphic workstations.  All Mac computers with OSX except one of them with OS9.  We have Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2, After Effects 6.5 and 7.0, and a host of other programs.

I work from 9-5 everyday, except if I come in early I can leave a little earlier.  I’ll usually come in at 8 because it’s nice to get out at 4.  Also, Josh has to work from 7-3 so this way he gets me up and I can have an hour to get ready for work.  It’s a really good gig.

Today though, were some weird hours.  I went in at 9.  We had to set up for Miss Oklahoma at 9:30.  We brought all of our equipment to the Mabee Center, set up, then realized that one of our cables was bad.  After extensive troubleshooting, we found out what it was and replaced the messed up equipment.  That was about 2:30.  We also had someone run to get us lunch from Sonic.  Ohhhhh, I love Sonic!  And work paid for it!  I think… I didn’t pay!

I have to go back at 6 though.  We have technical rehearsal.  But the rest of this week is going to be extremely busy.  I’ll be spending almost all of my time in the Mabee Center and Cityplex.  I’m shooting the girls interviews with the judges.  It should be fun.  They say it’s the funnest shoot they do all summer (no grammar mistakes there)!

Well, I better get going!  I have to get ready for work!

1 comment:

Matthew Stephens said...

If you would take 5 min to update once and a while you could write more specifics like who your bro is rooming with and which dorm.